November 7, 2006

The Winds of Forgiveness


One day, two friends went out for a walk in the desert. Along their journey, they began arguing and the one friend slapped the other in the face.

The eyes of this one began whelling with tears as he felt the sting of his friend's hand. Yet, without saying a word, he slowly bent over and with his finger wrote these words in the sand: "Today my best friend slapped me in the face."

They kept on walking and soon came upon a small body of water, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped became stuck in the mire and began sinking, but his friend came to the rescue and pulled him out. After he recovered from the shock of nearly drowning, he wrote on a stone: "Today my best friend saved my life."


Puzzled, his friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone. Why?"

He replied, "When someone hurts us we should write it down in the sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever whisk the memory away."

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your blessings in stone.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Another GOOD thought. Wow, coming to your blog this morning has been so refreshing and inspiring. Thanks for the blessings!

Lizzie said...

Well Brittleigh, you always encourage me whenever I visit your blog, so I'm glad to hear that I've given a little of the same back to you! That's what friends are for! ((hugs)) Hopefully I'll stay on this 'blogging spurt' and you'll get to hear a lot more from me in the upcoming weeks...and see more pictures, too! :D